Happy New Year J! Have you, like so many of us around this time, been listing off New Year’s resolutions? Are you feeling re-energized and pumped for this next year? Or, are you feeling overwhelmed by what you really want for yourself?
If it’s the latter, feel free to let it go, be gentle with yourself and take things one at a time as you move forward. I know you can do it. To take a dream or idea of what you want for yourself to reality, it can help to align yourself with people who can support you.
For example, one of my big goals this year is to help my abdominal muscles heal and knit back together after being completely stretched out during my twin pregnancy. Although I’m 4 months post partum, I was actually offered a seat on the bus the other day…! To do this, I’ve called in the help and support of a Pilates and yoga instructor who specializes in pregnancy and post partum support. I so excited about working with her and will keep you in the loop on this journey.
Offering support and accountability is the cornerstone of my work with clients. Combining this accountability with personalized therapeutic recommendations opens the door to an inspiring snowball of changes.
For today and this year, I want to help you keep it simple. Amongst the millions and billions of things you can do to stay healthy, most of the time it comes down to the simple things you do for yourself everyday.
5 Simple & Powerful Daily Practices for Health
These support your body’s natural elimination routes (kidney, digestive tract, skin and lungs). They also get your body ready to move through deeper healing more smoothly and quickly as you jump in and address your body’s specific needs.
1. WATER – drink at least half your body weight in pounds converted to ounces
- E.g. if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 150/2 = 75 ounces of water per day.
- Caffeine free herbal teas and green drinks such as chlorophyll, spirulina, alfalfa leaves, GreenPlus are also great options.
2. EATING – slow down, chew your food well and avoid drinking too much liquid while you eat.
- Extra liquid dilutes your stomach acid and digestive enzymes.
3. DRY SKIN BRUSHING – thoroughly brush all of your skin using strokes from the end of your fingers and toes, toward your heart.
- This stimulates circulation and helps your body move out waste.
- The best time to do this is in the shower, before you turn on the water.
- Use natural sea sponge or a dry loofah sponge.
4. HYDROTHERAPY – End your showers with really cold water to the lower back for 30 seconds.
- This stimulates your inner vitality and is especially great if you’re feeling groggy, tired or need an extra boost overall.
- Switch quickly, rather than gradually, from hot to cold water.
5. MOVEMENT – move your muscles daily by doing an activity you love.
- This is so, so important for bringing fresh blood, oxygen and nutrients to all of your body’s nooks and crannies
- Look to include a mixture that could include walking, swimming, yoga, or some other favorite activity. Most importantly pick things you enjoy!
With consistent practice, these important foundations can be as effortless and consistent as brushing your teeth.
Take Action Now
Which one of these appeals the most to you? That’s a good clue to the best place to start. Also, take a look at what else you want to create for yourself in terms of your health and well-being, and consider getting the support you need to make it happen.
If you’d like to learn more about how I could help you make the changes you want for yourself and feel incredible, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling!
All the best,